We provide advice to private companies and public bodies on matters related to contaminated land.
We conduct contaminated land studies at various levels: desk studies to demonstrate that intrusive investigations are not necessary; desktop studies of the history and environmental context of the site; phase 1 (exploratory) and phase 2 (detailed) intrusive investigations; risk analyses; and characterization of the soil remaining after excavation.
- Declaration of the quality of the soil.
- Preliminary report
- Soil quality report
- Baseline report
- Exploratory and detailed investigations
- Risk analysis
- Characterization of the remaining soil
- Soil and groundwater sampling, and sample characterization
- Monitoring and supervision of contaminated sites
- Environmental supervision of works
- Hydrogeological studies
- Excavation plans
- Studies of industrial ruins.
- Decontamination of industrial ruins.
- Sampling and characterization of wastes.
- Waste management final reports.
- Management plans for construction and demolition waste.
- Prioritization of actions
- Landfill authorizations.
Liaison with authorities
- Dialogue with Government representatives
- Technical and legal advice regarding Government requirements
Liability for pollution
- Technical and legal advice in the negotiation between parties in regarding historical contamination
- Identification of the responsible person in proceedings involving the declaration of contaminated soil
Real estate development
- Estimation of costs relating to soil contamination
- Adaptation of project design to take into account soil contamination
- Liabilities regarding contaminated land
- Soil quality reports
- Baseline reports
- Exemptions from the declaration of contaminated land
- Report on fitness for purpose